rule # 1

breathe deeply and enjoy the moment.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

eating out= big decisions!

last night, my boyfriend and I had dinner with another couple. we went to a fun italian restaurant. everyone decided what they wanted pretty quickly giving it no extra thought. that is, everyone besides me. somehow instilled within me deeply from growing up eating out all the time, it has always been a very BIG decision when it comes to picking something off the menu. geez louise! the waiter went around the table and took everyone's orders but when it came to me he had to throw out suggestions and recommendations and all i could come up with was a house salad to start out with. he said he would give me some more time to decide. i got plenty of laughs and rolling of the eyes from my boyfriend.

the next part of the story is what gets me. so after all the thinking and tossing back and forth between items, i decided on the three cheese ravioli. it sounded really good and i pictured a big dish with huge portions. i didn't eat much yesterday so i was hungry! i ate my salad and looked forward to the result of my BIG decision. aww finally the moment i had waited for..dinner is served. the waiter passed out everyone's entrees' and before my own eyes was my dish....the smallest portion on the table and the smallest dinner portion i had ever seen. i could of cried :) well maybe not cried but i was disappointed.
 
the point of the story is this:  before i decided on the ravioli my first notion was margarita pizza. you should usually always go with your first instinct or inkling. don't second guess yourself because you may just end up with a small plate of ravioli and sharing off of everyone else's  plates. don't think too hard about decisions. it can short you in the long run. make it simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment