rule # 1

breathe deeply and enjoy the moment.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

who said crock potting was easy!

i thought today would be a great day to use my new crock pot. yes indeed. so i threw in some chicken breasts, carrots, and potatoes and of course some chicken broth. also topped it off with some fresh thyme. i thought "wow, am I good or what?!" it looked divine and something out of real simple magazine. i then invited my dear boy over for this hearty dinner served with fresh corn bread. i thought i had done good. that is until....

until we went to eat the food. how does one manage to undercook the carrots and potatoes and overcook the chicken. who does that? ME!  i felt as though i had promised something good and had failed to deliver.
my very honest boyfriend even said, "yeah that was bad"   (at least he is honest) thankfully the corn bread was good. but that's about all.

this little incident brought so much frustration to me. even though he reassured me that it can be tough to get it right when it comes to slow cooking. it didn't matter to him but it definitely mattered to me. this is the life of a perfectionist. i often find myself having these same feelings of "i failed" but really all it is is practice for the next round. like they say, PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT! never ever give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment